Home Watch Service
Northern Home Watch Service is both a direct service provider and a broker for prescreened Preferred Service Providers. Property owners who use NHWS receive two different levels of service. Homewatch service customers pay a monthly fee and enjoy a scheduled weekly or bi-weekly visit to the property in addition to the free benefits offered by the referral service.
Northern Home Watch Services are as follows:
Interior Service Inspections
- Look for signs of forced entry, theft or vandalism.
- Look for signs of pests or insects.
- Check to make sure that all doors and windows are securely locked.
- Look for signs of water damage on floors, ceilings and walls.
- Take temperature and humidity readings.
- Inspect ice maker in freezer.
- Run water in sinks and tubs, flush commodes if requested.
- Check fuse / circuit breaker box for signs of surge.
- Check phones for dial tones and messages.
- Reset clocks interrupted by power outage.
- Make note of any unusual odors.
- Check hot water heater for drainage.
- Check salt levels in water softener, add salt if requested.
- Send inspection / verification reports, and digital photographs when appropriate, via e-mail to property owner.
Exterior Service Inspections
- Visual inspection of home exterior.
- Look for broken windows, theft or vandalism.
- Check screens and porch enclosures for tears or damage.
- Remove newspapers, flyers, packages, and phonebooks from front door area.
- Check mailbox, forward mail if requested.
- Visually inspect gutters and roof for damage.
- Put trash cans away after home owners’ departure.
Additional Services (Fee Required)
- Remove snow from drive and walks.
- Turn on water.
- Water and feed interior and exterior plants per instructions.
- Start and idle stored vehicles, ATVs, lawn and snow removal equipment.
- Key service for outside contractors – provide access to property for insurance agents, local contractors, service repairmen, cleaning services, or other on site service providers.
- Monitor to see that service provider’s work is done properly.
- Digital photographic e-mail reporting of new construction.
- Serve as security alarm notification agent.
- Fall Closing Package.
- Spring Opening Package.
- Adjust home temperature for home owners return.
Note: NHWS is not a security service, and we will not enter an unsecured home or confront suspects.
This service is FREE to NHWS customers. Homeowners call us for the preferred service provider nearest to them, whether it is a plumber, maid, carpet cleaner or other home service provider. Northern Home Watch Service has developed a screening process to ensure quality providers and service. This is the most convenient and trustworthy way to reach prescreened service providers - no more fumbling through the Yellow Pages. To ensure continued quality service, NHWS checks with its customers about the service received from the service provider.